First, your virtual team is faced with several inherent challenges: Establishing a sense of identity and belonging to ensure everyone is the key to working towards a common goal, which second provides the basis to motivate the team to reach high performance standards. Building trusting relationships between those involved in the project to ensure the strong relationships that carry the team to high performance. Thirdly the team members need to reach consensus on how they can communicate with each other most effectively across the miles and agree on a functioning approach to feedback to avoid unnecessary friction Our kick-off workshop addresses these issues and challenges systematically.
The focus of the workshop is:
- Creating an understanding of the special challenges facing remote teams.
- Developing a common Mission Statement to bind the team together.
- Creating team spirit and optimism concerning the future.
- Generating enthusiasm for the common values and goals of your organisation.
- Utilising the know-how, the intelligence and the creative powers of all involved.
- Assuring long-term optimisation of your teamwork.
- Installing mutually agreed and accepted communication and collaboration guidelines and processes in your team.
- Understanding cultural differences in your global team.
How do we run our online kick-off sessions process?
Online Kick- off Session 1: Introductions & Trust building
- Mutual introduction of the team members
- Structured recognition of commonalities as a basis for trust
- Presentation of mutual expectations of the project
- Explanation of the possibilities of regular relationship maintenance over distance
Online Kick-Off Session: Our Common Purpose
- Moderated dialogue for joint goal setting
- Reflection of the project objectives from the perspective of the respective participants
- Development of a common team goal
- Determination of the team name as a further tool of the team identity
Online Kick-off Session 3: Our Long-Distance Team Communication
- Moderation of the ‘Ways of Working in our team:
- Which media do we use to convey information?
- Which media do we use to exchange content?
- How do we create transparency in our communication?
- Who is responsible for the transparency of our team communication?
Online Kick-off session 4: Managing our differences
- How do we deal with different expectations in the team?
- How do we deal with cultural differences?
- How do we give ourselves feedback?
- How do we deal with conflicts in the virtual team?