Europe’s popular, demanding and comprehensive intercultural Train-the-Trainer Programme.
- 1 Intercultural Business Trainer/Moderator (IBT/M)® Programme
- 2 Is the IBT/M programme right for you?
- 3 Are you right for the IBT/M training?
- 4 How can you find out more about the quality of the IBT/M programme?
- 5 Feedback from our past participants
- 6 A short overview of our Intercultural Train-the-Trainer programme
- 7 What is so special about the Intercultural Business Trainer/Moderator (IBT/M) Programme?
- 8 What are the objectives of the IBT/M programme?
- 9 What are the contents of the IBT/M programme?
- 10 How do we work in the face-to-face classroom modules?
- 11 What is the Blended Learning Package of the IBT/M programme?
- 12 Who is the IBT/M Trainer team?
- 13 Your trainers:
- 14 How much does the IBT/M programme cost and what are your benefits?
- 15 How can you get financial support or a discount?
- 16 Where and when does the IBT/M programme take place?
- 17 What if you are unable to take part in one of the modules?
- 18 How can you find out more about the IBT/M programme without obligation?
- 19 How can you reserve a place in the IBT/M programme?
- 20 How can you register for the IBT/M programme?
- 21 Previous participants’ views on the IBT/M programme
Intercultural Business Trainer/Moderator (IBT/M)® Programme
Now available for residents of Germany! Up to 100% state funding!!
In this unique, English language, practical Train-the-Trainer programme you will gain the skills, and develop an understanding of the content you need to create and implement intercultural and international training courses, seminars and workshops. Assist International HR has been delivering this challenging, skills-focused IBT/M Train-the-Trainer programme with a team of highly professional trainers for over 10 years. The IBT/M programme is the established market leader.
Our intercultural trainer and facilitator programme equips you with the tools and skills you need to work as a trainer and moderator in the international corporate context. The programme is recognised and accredited by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für interkulturelle Trainingsqualität e.V (DGIKT) as well as the
Akkreditierungs- und Zulassungsverordnung Arbeitsförderung (AZAV).
Early Bird by 31.01.2021 for the dates starting in Spring 2021: 1 hour free online coaching (value €275) with an experienced international/intercultural trainer & coach if you book your place on the IBT/M programme beginning Spring 2021.
Here are the dates for the new IBT/M training.
Is the IBT/M programme right for you?
For experienced trainers: Our IBT/M programme is suitable for you if you already work as a corporate or freelance trainer, consultant or facilitator.
For newcomers: The IBT/M training is suitable for you if you would like to work as an intercultural trainer and/or moderator. Our participants benefit from the diverse range of knowledge, experience and backgrounds of each learning group.
Are you right for the IBT/M training?
The decisive prerequisites for participation in the IBT/M programme are, above all, that you bring with you the necessary ambition, thirst for knowledge, joy of learning and teaching. In addition, you should carry a high level of appreciation for other cultures and norms. The IBT/M programme usually only takes place once a year. Twice at the most. The face-to-face classroom modules in particular require a high level of energy and commitment from you as a participant, as well as the desire to try things out hands-on and to learn from the feedback you receive.
While IBT/M is a lot of fun, the programme is no picnic.The IBT/M programme is not for the faint-hearted and is not intended for the mass market. If we haven’t frightened you off with that statement, please contact us.
How can you find out more about the quality of the IBT/M programme?
That’s easy: Speak to our Alumni! IBT/M has an extremely high level of participant satisfaction. Our past participants are happy to tell you about their experiences as a participant in the IBT/M programme. Just drop us a line and we will give you the contact details of as many former participants as you like to be able to judge the quality of the IBT/M programme for yourself.
At the end of the page you can read some participants‘ testimonials about the IBT/M programme.
Feedback from our past participants
A short overview of our Intercultural Train-the-Trainer programme
What is so special about the Intercultural Business Trainer/Moderator (IBT/M) Programme?
- IBT/M is Europe’s most demanding, most comprehensive and most practical Train-The-Trainer/Moderator programme.
- The focus of the IBT/M programme is the development of your trainer and facilitator competence. You will be both supported and challenged by an international, multicultural trainer team with many years of experience in corporate business.
- The IBT/M programme is unique and extensive with 14 face-to-face classroom days and a blended learning programme consisting of websessions, e-learning, training videos, peer coaching & project work.
- You will receive 14 face-to-face classroom days with intensive participant support. Participation is limited to 14 participants per group. With 9 or more participants we usually run the modules with 2 trainers.
- The IBT/M programme takes place in English. Besides the development of your intercultural and train-the-trainer competence you can become ready to deliver your training courses and workshops in English. As a result you can deliver training courses across the globe.
- The Intercultural Business Trainer/Moderator (IBT/M) is a part time programme consisting of 14 intensive face-to-face classroom days in 6 modules held once a year, sometimes twice, spread over 6 months.
- Between the modules you secure the sustainability of your learning and expand your knowledge in the moderated virtual classroom of your learning group on our assist Virtual Campus.
- You reflect on what you have learned with your learning partner in Peer Coaching exchange between the modules. Consequently, you deepen and strengthen your learning process for the long-term.
- Your project work supports you in the development of your ability to design your own training courses. At the end of the IBT/M programme you will have developed your own concepts which you can use in your own training courses.
- You will expand your moderation competence to design and deliver your own international and intercultural workshops.
- You will deepen your knowledge of experiential learning and get to know different activities and simulations. Furthermore, you will develop the competence to design your own exercises and simulations.
- The final exam consists of a practical element in the development and delivery of a workshop in your learning group and in the presentation of your own intercultural training or international course you have designed during the IBT/M programme.
- You will learn from a qualified, experienced and renowned trainer team with many years of practical experience in the international business training and moderation context.
- The programme is recognised and accredited by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für interkulturelle Trainingsqualität e.V (DGIKT) as well as the
Akkreditierungs- und Zulassungsverordnung Arbeitsförderung (AZAV).
- As a cooperation partner of the Society for Intercultural Education, Training & Research SIETAR Deutschland e.V, the world’s biggest association of intercultural professionals, we are happy to pay your SIETAR membership for one year as a participant in the IBT/M programme.
What are the objectives of the IBT/M programme?
The primary aim of the IBT/M programme is the development your trainer and moderator skills for the international and intercultural stage. In advance of most of the face-to-face classroom modules, you will learn the most important and relevant theoretical models relating to the upcoming module in the form of an interactive websession with a member of the trainer team. This way, we are able to optimise the practical elements and increase the opportunities for hands-on learning in the classroom modules.
What are the contents of the IBT/M programme?
IBT/M1: Intercultural Business Communication Basics (2 days face-to-face training)
In our foundation module you will gain an insight into the current tried and tested fundamental models and concepts of intercultural theory. You will increase your understanding of culture and you will learn different approaches to cultural awareness. We will present you with a practical process for the enhancement of intercultural competence.
You will discover the advantages and disadvantages of the different approaches used in intercultural training to understand and compare cultures. Particular focus will be placed on your learning transfer as a participant. Furthermore, you will receive an introduction into different methods which are used in intercultural training for increasing intercultural sensitivity.
IBT/M2: Trainer Skills (Websession + 3 days face-to-face classroom training)
The Trainer Skills module places the focus on the development of your personal training style as an intercultural trainer and the refinement of your ability to teach and deliver training. You will improve how you use non-verbal and verbal communication to motivate and activate your participants effectively. You will practice how to achieve the same wavelength with your learning groups on the relationship level. You will discover how to structure lessons and training sessions effectively, taking the learning styles and perception channels of your audience into consideration. You will train how to handle questions and difficult training situations in the intercultural context. You will be given the opportunity to stand in front of the group every day and receive intensive (video) feedback. As a result, you will become aware of the strengths in your training style and you will work intensively on your learning areas. To ensure the sustainability of your learning and to support your individual process of self-reflection you will receive your video recordings at the end of the module.
IBT/M3: Training Design: Developing intercultural Training (Websession + 3 days face-to-face classroom training)
In this module you will learn how to design your own training from the basic idea to the finished training outline. How to consider participants’ needs and objectives, how to select appropriate materials and resources and how to plan, sketch out and refine your training courses, taking the knowledge levels, intercultural needs as well as the learning and performance curves of your audience into consideration. You will become aware of when and how to apply key methods in intercultural training. These include critical incidents, culture standards and culture assimilators as well as culture-general and culture-specific training. Moreover, you will get to know innovative blended learning approaches to increase the learning of your participants and as a special feature of your future training.
IBTM4: Effective Moderation (Websession + 2 days face-to-face classroom training)
As an intercultural moderator your task is to lead the workshop through the agenda from the start to a successful conclusion, with clearly defined measures and results. It is particularly important to handle the group dynamics while paying particular attention to the intercultural diversity among the participants. In this hands-on module you will be placed into the role of the intercultural moderator to try out different tools and techniques and to receive helpful feedback to your performance as an intercultural facilitator. You will receive input on how to design workshops with international teams and how to manage tricky situations in intercultural workshops.
IBTM5: Designing and implementing simulations and experiential activities (Websession + 2 days face-to-face classroom training)
Intercultural communication exercises, experiential learning, role plays, case methodology and simulations are some of the most important methods in intercultural training to increase cultural sensitivity and sensory acuity for the improvement of intercultural competence. In this module you will experience a range of simulations and activities on offer on the market and you will recognise what needs to be considered in the phases of briefing, implementation and debriefing. You will learn how to customise available simulations to meet the needs of your learners and how to design and develop your own exercises and simulations.
IBTM/6: Evaluation & Certification (2 days)
The final examination module of the Intercultural Business Trainer/Moderator (IBT/M) programme takes the form of a practical workshop as well as a final presentation of your project work, the development of your own intercultural or international training course.The final examination follows the regulations and standards of the Deutsch Gesellschaft für interkulturelle Trainingsqualität (DGIKT) e.V statt. Upon successful completion of the Intercultural Business Trainer/Moderator (IBT/M®) programme you will receive a certificate of the DGIKT e.V.
How do we work in the face-to-face classroom modules?
In the face-to-face classroom modules, we combine brief trainer inputs which are presented in relation to their relevance for the corporate context of the Intercultural Trainer/Moderator and with a high level of interaction and reflection, accompanied by practical exercises. This is followed by the essential phase of learning transfer, the integration of your lessons learned, into your long-term success as an intercultural trainer/moderator.
What is the Blended Learning Package of the IBT/M programme?
Between the modules, you are able to ensure the sustainability of your learning through peer coaching, project work, video inputs and training content as well as active exchange and support in the virtual classroom of your learning group.
In the dedicated Virtual Classroom of your IBT/M learning group you will receive access to lots of interesting video clips and content relevant to intercultural competence, train-the-trainer and moderation competence. You can study this material when and as often as you like to suit your own timetable and to support your learning success. You can download your training documentation from here, engage with the other members of your IBT/M® learning group in the chat or post your thoughts and questions in the participants‘ forum, or share the results of your project work research.
In advance of most of the face-to-face classroom modules, you will participate in a live websession with your learning group and a member of the trainer team. The websession takes place at a defined time as a live event in a virtual meeting room. The most important theoretical inputs and approaches concerning the upcoming face-to-face classroom training are discussed in an interactive exchange between the trainer and the participants.
If you are unable to participate in one of the websessions, don’t worry! The websessions are usually recorded and you will have the opportunity to catch up by taking a look at the recording and the related video clips in your virtual classroom. This also provides the participants with the opportunity to reflect on and digest the content between the webinar and the face-to-face classroom training.
This means more time for active doing in the face-to-face classroom training and is also an ideal way of addressing participants’ specific questions and needs.
To participate in the websessions, all you need is a computer with an internet connection and a headset.
Between the face-to-face classroom modules, you will have the opportunity to ensure the sustainability of what you have learned in a ‘learning tandem‘, through Peer Coaching. You can meet your peer coaching partner face-to-face, online, via webconference or by telephone to gain valuable support in achieving learning transfer.
One of the core competencies you will develop in the IBT/M programme is the ability to design your own training courses. In the project work you will design your own training course or seminar using valid didactic criteria, which you will later present in your final exam presentation.
Who is the IBT/M Trainer team?
Your IBT/M trainers are a multicultural team consisting of renowned trainers with many years of experience as trainers, facilitators and coaches in international corporate business, Members of the IBT/M® trainer team deliver training, coaching and workshops. among others to participants from the following well-known companies and organisations: Google, the United Nations, Vodafone GmbH, Hyundai Motors Europe, NTT DATA, Siemens, Global Savings Group, Itelligence AG, Klüber AG, Bio Rad GmbH, Kaspersky Lab, as well as in Universities and organisations such as the United Nations.
Susanne has a bicultural background and many years of experience in international Business Training, workshop design and intercultural Business Training. As a founder member of the IB/M Trainer team she carries the title of Queen of Training Design.
Hannah has years of experience as an intercultural trainer as well as as a Communications consultant in the corporate context. Furthermore, she is actively involved in training in the non-profit and university sector as well as in the development of intercultural training for Expats.
Brigitte has worked for many years as a trainer, coach and workshop moderator. As a founding member of the IBT/M trainer team she has always contributed her expertise in creating empathy in training and workshops as well as her train-the trainer and facilitator competence.
Gary is one of Europe’s most renowned international and intercultural trainers and has over 25 years of experience in international Human Resource Development. Gary trains and coaches Managers and teams worldwide in global corporations. He is a founding member of the IBT/M trainer team and is President of the Society for Intercultural Education, Training & Research (SIETAR) Deutschland e.V, the largest organisation for intercultural education, training and research in the world.
How much does the IBT/M programme cost and what are your benefits?
The Intercultural Business Trainer/Moderator (IBT/M) programme is extensive, demanding and in terms of the total hours of face-to-face and blended learning the a cost-effective and value for money programme of its kind in Europe:
- Participation in 4 preparatory websessions 7-10 days before the face-to-face classroom modules.
- Access to the virtual classroom of your learning group with exciting contents and tasks.
- Peer coaching between the face-to-face classroom modules.
- Project work between the face-to-face classroom modules
- 14 days face to-face classroom training in 6 modules held once or twice a year
- Intensive participant support: Small groups of max 14 participants. With 9 participants or more usually with 2 trainers.
- Training material and handouts to download and in paper form.
- Conference fee in the seminar location consisting of tea, coffee, soft drinks, lunch & snacks.
- Certification to the criteria and standards of the Deutsche Gesellschaft für interkulturelle Trainingsqualität (DGIKT) e.V
Your investment: Intercultural Intercultural Business Trainer/Moderator (IBT/M) consists of
€3330,- seminar fee
€40 per day conference fee: €560,-
= €3890,- total fee
The fee is exempt from Value Added Tax according to the German § 4 Nr. 21 a) bb) UStG.
How can you get financial support or a discount?
As an accredited AZAV (Akkreditierungs- und Zulassungsverordnung Arbeitsförderung) training institution in Germany we have not ensured the quality of our training , moreover the IBT/M programme qualifies for the ‘Bildungsgutschein’. This means it is possible to acquire 100% funding for your participation in the IBT/M programme.
A payment in instalments is no problem.
If you are in Germany you may well qualify for up to 100% funding: We accept the following:
- Den Bildungsgutschein
- Das Qualifzierungschancengesetz
- Die Bildungsprämie
- Baden-Württemberg Bildungsprämie
- Bayerischer Bildungsscheck
- Förderung im Land Brandenburg
- Bremen Weiterbildungsscheck
- Hamburger Weiterbildungsbonus
- Hessen Qualifizierungsscheck
- Mecklenburg-Vorpommern Bildungsscheck
- Niedersachsen Bildungsprämie
- Nordrhein-Westfalen Bildungsscheck
- Rheinland-Pfalz Quali-Scheck
- Saarland kdW
- Sachsen Weiterbildungsscheck
- Sachsen-Anhalt Weiterbildung DIREKT
If you are interested, we will be happy to advise you on the prerequisites you need to fulfill to receive this funding.
Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact us here. We will be happy to help.
Our terms and conditions are available here.
Where and when does the IBT/M programme take place?
We run the IBT/M programme in Freising near Munich. Due to the proximity to Munich airport, the location offers optimum availability to our participants from all over Europe. The seminar location is the seminar house Viva-Vita in Freising.
Here are the next dates:
- Modul 1 IBT/M1: Intercultural Business Communication: 09. – 10.10.2020
- Modul 2 IBT/M2: Train The Trainer
12. – 14.112020posponed to 11 – 13.03.2021
- Modul 3 IBT/M3: Developing intercultural training programmes
10. – 12.12.2020posponed to Live online Training November
- Modul 4 IBT/M4: Effective Moderation
28. – 29.01.2021posponed to 15. – 16.04.2021
- Modul 5 IBT/M5: Implementing and designing simulations and activities
30. – 31.01.2021posponed to 17. – 18.04.2021
- Modul 6 IBT/M6: Evaluation and Certification
12. – 13.03.2021posponed to 08. – 09.05.2021
- Modul 1 IBT/M1: Intercultural Business Communication – Spring/Summer 2021
- Modul 2 IBT/M2: Train The Trainer – Spring/Summer 2021
- Modul 3 IBT/M3: Developing intercultural training programmes – Spring/Summer 2021
- Modul 4 IBT/M4: Effective Moderation – Spring/Summer 2021
- Modul 5 IBT/M5: Implementing and designing simulations and activities – Spring/Summer 2021
- Modul 6 IBT/M6: Evaluation and Certification – Spring/Summer 2021
What if you are unable to take part in one of the modules?
Get in touch with us: you can participate in the module at a later date and/or we will find a solution with individual coaching.
How can you find out more about the IBT/M programme without obligation?
How can you reserve a place in the IBT/M programme?
You would like to participate in the IBT/M programme and would first like to clarify your finances or look into funding? No problem, just give us a call +49 5251 875432 or send us an email firstname.lastname@example.org. We are happy to reserve you a place for a short time so that you can clarify your funding without any stress or worry.
How can you register for the IBT/M programme?
Previous participants’ views on the IBT/M programme
Interviews with recent participants: